Traditions change with time and sometimes time changes a tradition. But for the 1886 Crescent Hotel and Spa one thing has not changed. During the proud 132-year history of this “symbol of Arkansas hospitality” families have come to rely on The Crescent as the place to make holiday season lifetime memories. That is why families flock here to this mountaintop spa resort, a proud member of Historic Hotels of America, every year from Thanksgiving through New Years for family reunions and informal gatherings of sort.
“We started coming to the Crescent Hotel during the holiday season several years ago for a mini-winter vacation and to enjoy such novelties as the great shopping and seeing the lights that sparkle throughout this Victorian village,” said one family patriarch. “Then three years ago we decided that it would be a great idea to invite the whole family, immediate and extended, to join us for a holiday reunion. The memories we now make here every year are the best gifts we can share… and they require no batteries. Plus we always make it back to our individual homes for Christmas day and our own hometown scheduled events.”
The overwhelming trend has been that families travel to Eureka Springs each year especially for the Eureka Springs Christmas Festival – featuring signature events like the Historic Downtown Christmas Parade, and the Preservation Society’s Annual Historic Holiday Homes Tour. Many families will extend their visit beyond those dates to include the holiday celebration of “Christmas at The Crescent” that runs the first week of December. Some stay even longer.
The Holidays wouldn’t be right if there wasn’t a little outside ice skating, hot chocolate, games and outdoor fire pit to gather your family and friends around. Crescent Ice Skating Rink will be opening during December thru January. Check daily resort activities for further info.
Holiday Family Reunion Deal ~ Must Call to Book: 877-342-9766
Some of this year’s holiday season activities slated for this National Register of Historic Places community include:
- Shop Small Saturday November 30th 2:30 – 4:30. Basin Spring Park
Live Christmas Music will be playing, Santa will be available for Santa Selfie’s & more! We will end with the annual Christmas Tree Lighting and the give away for a trip back to Eureka Springs! Sponsored by Main Street Eureka Springs.
- Annual Christmas Parade of Lights… Eureka Springs’ only nighttime parade with floats, bands and spectacular lights winding through the streets of Historic Downtown. Friday, December 6th, 6 p.m.
- Annual Tour of Homes… tour some of Eureka Springs’ finest preserved homes decorated for the season. Saturday, December 7th, 3 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Christmas Forest Tree Lighting… more than 30 trees brilliantly decorated by local charities come alive with the flip of one switch with caroling and refreshments. Saturday, December 7th, 6 p.m. in Crescent Park adjacent to the 1886 Crescent Hotel and Spa.
- Santa’s Brunch… a room full of great holiday treats to eat and chance to meet Santa up-close and personally. Sunday, December 8th, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Crystal Dining Room of the 1886 Crescent Hotel and Spa.
- A Night of Merry Making December 14th 5-8PM-Free Fun for the Whole Family! Caroling Downtown, Christmas Market in Basin Spring Park with Santa Living Windows including Living Art Exhibit Snow, Street Theater & More throughout this spectacular night of shopping downtown. Sponsored by Main Street Eureka Springs
- View Full Eureka Springs Christmas Schedule
For more information regarding holiday activities and lodging packages, one may visit <crescenthotel.com>.