TEMPORARY OPERATIONAL PROTOCOLS
The Crescent & Basin Park Hotels
RESPONSE TO COVID-19 – The following operational protocols were created as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Crescent & Basin Park Hotel’s top priority is the health and safety of our guests, staff, and community.
Jack V Moyer
Executive Vice President
TABLE OF CONTENTS
GENERAL/ALL STAFF PROTOCOLS……………………………………………………………3
GUEST ROOM PROTOCOLS…………………………………………4
FOOD & BEVERAGE PROTOCOLS….………………………………6
SALES TEAM PROTOCOLS………………………………………….9
ALL STAFF- SAFETY & HYGIENE
- Temperature taken of all staff upon entering property. If temperature is higher than 100.4 degrees, staff is asked to return home.
- Masks & Gloves. (PPE) will be issued to staff upon entering property and staff is required to wear a mask while working in areas where 6ft social spacing is unavailable each day. Gloves will be provided to employees whose responsibilities require them to be in direct contact with guests. Overnight guests will be provided a mask upon check in. Restaurant patrons will be required to wear a mask until order is placed.
- Physical Distancing. Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least 6ft away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines, using elevators or moving around the property. Restaurant tables and other physical layouts will be arranged to honor guidelines and appropriate distancing. Employees will be reminded not to touch their faces and to practice physical distancing by standing at least 6ft away from guests and other employees whenever possible.
- Hand Sanitizer. Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at key guest and employee entrances and contact areas such as reception areas, hotel lobbies, in all public restrooms, restaurant entrances, vending area, resort host/retail area, venue rooms, spas, elevators, and exercise areas.
- Hand Washing. Correct hygiene and frequent hand washing with soap is vital to help combat the spread of the virus. Employees must wash their hands after using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking, going on break and before or after a shift.
- Signage. There will be health, hygiene and Arkansas Department of Dealth Directive reminders throughout the property for staff and guests. All hand sinks and employee restrooms have correct hand washing signs in English and Spanish. Number of people per bathroom at a time: i.e. “when stalls are occupied, please wait outside.” Signage will be placed at the front of restaurants to alert patrons not to enter the facility if they are sick or have symptoms such as cough, sore throat, fever or shortness of breath.
- Cleaning Products. Our hotels use cleaning products which meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses. All managers inspect daily cleaning supplies and coordinate with Stewarding on needs
- Guest Requirements.
-Rooms available weekend only (F/S/S). Room rents one time per weekend.
-Room capacity at 75% Hotel Capacity
-Rooms cleaned Wednesday or Thursday.
- All linens to be pulled and sanitized after c/out.
- All surfaces to be disinfected after every departure.
- Rooms have been deep cleaned.
- Jacuzzi tubs to e cleaned and cycled with a bleach or alternative after every checkout.
- Guest room doors, handles, remotes, windows, furniture, and seating to be disinfected with Quat 64.
- No stay over service. No room access from employees during stay.
- Paper towel dispensers back to the public restrooms at least on the first floor restrooms
- Disinfect all stair railings and public area door knobs at least twice a day.
- Elevator. A sign will be posted about not riding the elevator with strangers. Families can ride the elevator together assuming they are practicing social distancing as a family unit. Buttons and handrails need to be wiped down 3 times a day.
- Encourage guests to be environmentally friendly.
- Safety Officer.
-Hotel will schedule a safety officer.
-Daily chemical usage training, inventory and distribution.
-Responsible for sanitizing housekeeping carts, linen carts, laundry room equipment, etc.
-Performs daily temperature checks on all staff.
-Monitors and maintains continued protocols.
- Plexiglas shields for the front desk with a 6″ gap at the bottom, temporarily.
- All luggage carts restricted to employee use only (require being moved from fireplace area.)
- Express checkout (key drop box)
- Keys to be sanitized after every use.
- Employee keys to be sanitized upon checkout and checkin.
- Remove couches from lobby area and provide chair seating.
- The concierges desk will be maintained but not staffed.
- All retail sales will go through the front desk.
- Hard surfaces will be frequently sanitized throughout the day. Concierge to sanitize with gloves and mask on.
- Please avoid physical contact with retail items unless necessary. Once an item is touched it gets put aside for it to be wiped and reset at a later time
- Driver will deep clean surfaces in the shuttle at the beginning of every shift.
- Driver will wipe hard surfaces between guest rides.
- Groups must be family in order to ride together. Independent parties must ride separate.
- Masks required
- Routes will be restricted to and from hotel parking areas and from hotel to hotel.
Crystal Dining Room Breakfast 8 am – noon, daily
- Breakfast operation will be in the dining room at approved capacity, plated menu service only.
- Room Service will also be available.
SkyBar Gourmet Pizza 12 pm – 8 pm daily
- Masks Required for Entry
- Masks and gloves required for all service personnel
- Curbside and Delivery continues
- Skybar menu to be served out of the Crystal Dining Room and back porch at approved capacity and 10ft table spacing. No bar seating.
Main Street BBQ Bus at Main Street Location
- Phase one Fridays & Saturdays at Main Street Location 2 pm – 8 pm
- Phase two Fridays and Saturdays 9 pm – 2 am
Balcony Restaurant Friday/ Saturday / Sunday Noon – 8 PM
- Tables have been spaced 10 ft apart.
- In service breakfast box available Sat, Sun & Mon to overnight guests.
- Servers to wear masks & gloves.
- Food Safety.
-Discard all food items that are out of date.
-Change, wash and sanitize utensils frequently and place appropriate barriers in open areas.
-Stock coolers to no more than minimum levels during “grab and go” service.
-Person in charge is ServSafe certified and that their certification is up to date, and provide food handler training to refresh employees.
– Remind third-party delivery drivers and any suppliers of the internal distancing requirements
- Cleaning and Sanitizing.
– Thoroughly detail-clean and sanitize entire facility with a focus on high-contact areas that would be touched by both employees and guests.
–Between seating’s, clean and sanitize table condiments, digital ordering devices, check presenters, self-service areas, tabletops, and common touch areas. Single-use items should be discarded.
–Clean and sanitize reusable menus. Paper menus will be discarded after each customer use. Implement procedures to increase how often you clean and sanitize surfaces in the back-of-house. Avoid all food contact surfaces when using disinfectants.
– Hand sanitizer stations will be readily available to guests.
– Kitchen. All hand sinks in kitchen will be inspected for supplies at the end of every shift. Continue disinfecting hard surfaces and touch points throughout the day.
-Dine-in service shall be limited up to 33% of total seating capacity. This includes indoor and outdoor dining areas.
-Seating shall be adjusted to maintain 10 foot physical distancing between tables so occupied seats are 6 feet from seats at adjacent tables.
-Reservations should be encouraged when practical. If reservations are not made, physical distancing must be maintained when customers are waiting to be seated.
-Prohibit guests from congregating in waiting areas or bar areas. Design a process to ensure guests stay separate while waiting to be seated. The process can include floor markings, outdoor distancing, waiting in cars etc. Consider an exit from the facility separate from the entrance. Determine ingress/egress to and from restrooms to establish paths that mitigate proximity for guests and staff.
-All staff will be required to where face coverings (as recommended by the CDC) if they have direct contact with guests and gloves will be used when serving plates to guests.
-When setting tables, gloves must be used.
-Patrons must wear a face covering upon entrance and while in the restaurant until the food or drink is served.
-Groups shall be limited, not to exceed 10 people.
-Following each meal service, the tables, chairs, menus and any other frequently contacted surfaces including but not limited to, condiment containers, napkin holders and salt/pepper shakers shall be cleaned and disinfected prior to seating the next customer.
-Bars and entertainment operations (such as live music) within restaurants are prohibited. Normal service of alcohol within the restaurant seating area is allowed. This does not restrict the preparation of alcoholic beverages in the bar area.
-Service may be declined to patrons not wearing masks.
- Events will be held to a ceiling of 50 attendees
- All catering events will be held in outdoor venues or indoor respective of spacing requirement.
-Fountain Garden w/two 20 x 20 tent
-East Lawn w/one 20×20 tent
- Crystal Ballroom will be available for use when government/CDC guidelines authorize
- Menu Offering.
-Meal service will all be plated/served meals. No buffets or food stations until further notice.
-Appetizer service will all be single service.
-Beverage service (coffee, tea, water) will be served by a server.
-Bar service with social spacing
-Servers will wear Masks and Gloves
-Guests will be pre-assigned by seating chart
SALES TEAM PROTOCOLS
- Event diagrams to be reviewed on an event by event basis to ensure appropriate social distancing guidelines meet all county, state, federal and CDC guidelines.
- Sales Team to create diagrams ensuring social distancing…4pp per round table, tables must be 10 feet apart.
- Obtain place cards from guest for seating arrangements.
- Educate guest regarding social distancing guidelines and procedures
- Have guest sign off on Social Distancing Guideline Agreement prior to event.
- Have Vendors sign off on Social Distancing Guideline Agreement prior to event.
- Guests are encouraged to stay at the Crescent Hotel. Special wedding rates will be applied by event sales manager to encourage lodging to better manage guest needs.
- Site inspections and client meetings/planning sessions will be done virtually or appropriately social distanced.
- Tastings on hold for summer season.
- All Vendors attending the event must wear masks and practice social distancing guidelines and sanitary guidelines.
NEW MOON SPA & SALON
- Disinfect all touch points hourly and after every interaction
- Front desk team disinfecting the entire desk area between each guest interaction
- Front desk workspace disinfected throughout the day- includes computer keyboard, phones, door handles, light switches and POS equipment
- All doors and door handles sanitized throughout the shift with each guest entering or exiting the area
- Retail area sprayed with disinfectant after each guest
- Waiting area chairs/couches should be removed or spaced in such a manner to accommodate social distancing requirements.
- Leather chaise lounges sanitized after each guest
- Place signage in window to notify guests of our diligence in practicing proper safety measures.
- Hand sanitizer available within the salon/retail/treatment rooms.
- Hot Tub clean and disinfect all non-porous surfaces. By appointment only. Single use only.
- Infrared Sauna –By appointment only. Single use only.
- Fitness Room – Single party use. Clean and disinfect equipment. Bike #2 will not be scheduled for use to create a 6ft distancing.
- Salon Work Stations.
–Clean and disinfect all hair tools/supplies, drawers, chairs, and containers for storage.
-All items on nail stations must either be new, never used or cleaned and disinfected.
-Clean and disinfect all shampoo bowls, tubs, handles, hoses, spray nozzles, shampoo & pedicure chairs.
-Turn on pedicure jets and let disinfectant solution circulate for 10min.
-Ensure all single use materials are new.
-Employees should wear a clean smock between each guest. Smocks should be laundered after each use or use disposable smocks and dispose of the smock after use on a guest.
- Treatment Rooms.
-Clean and disinfect equipment and treatment tables.
-Ensure all single use items are new.
– All linens changed between guests.
- PPE such as gloves, drapes and linens should be changed between each client. These used items will be cleaned and disinfected or discarded in a closed container.
- Guests of the Salon.
-Appointments only. No walk-ins.
-Payments only by Credit/Debit cards. No cash. Using credit card on file.
-Curbside retail will continue.
-Minimum of one patron per service provider in business at any one time. Parent is allowed if a minor child is receiving haircut.
-Guests should avoid touching products that they do not plan to purchase.
-Guests will be asked to wait in their car or the outdoor seating patio until provider is ready for their service.
-Guests will be asked before entering if they have had a fever or cough in the last 14 days or have been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms within the last 14 days.
-Temperature checks will be given to guests. Anyone above 100.4 will be sent home and appointment canceled.
-Stagger appointments to eliminate multiple people checking in and out at the same time.
-More time between guests so people are not checking in and out at the same time.
-Schedule every other workstation to create a minimum of 6ft distance between guests having services.
– Each guest should be draped with a clean cape. Capes should be laundered or disinfected after each use or use disposable capes and dispose of the cape after it is used.
- Temporarily Closed until June 5th
- Hot Tub & Spa Deck. Deck available to guests. Hot Tub currently closed.
- Activities will be provided to in house guests only in outdoor and open spaces.
- 6 feet of social distancing at all times during the activities.
- Guests may choose to wear a mask as multiple families will be in the same outdoor location at a time.
- The program will be included in all room rates and will involve daily activities, Self Guided Adventures, Pool Area and Ghost Tours.
- Daily Activities:
-Saturday & Sunday
10AM- Outdoor Yoga in the Gardens
-Friday & Saturday
2PM-4PM- Frisco Sporting Club with be open. Multiple games including corn hole and Hatchet Throwing will be offered!
- Self Guided Adventures will be offered at check in.
- Pool Area will be open including the boccie ball court and lounging areas.
-Sanitize all cushions and hard surfaces Friday, Saturday and before the following Friday.
-Hand sanitizer station set up for guests.
- Frisco Sporting Club
-Sanitize all hard surfaces in between use
– Sanitize games in between each family’s use
-Attendant on site at all times to encourage a clean space
-Hand sanitizer station set up
- Additional items:
-Frisco Fire pit “hangout.” Setup two FirePits.
-Smore Kits available at front Desk
-6 Ft separation for like parties
-Horseshoes and Cornhole games will be left out for guest use and hand sanitizer stations will be set up next to games for guests use.
Ghost Tours have been temporarily suspended 6/4/20
Ghost Stories will return to the Crescent Hotel for In-House Guests during the month of May. The Famed Crescent Hotel Ghost Guides are thrilled to return to share the tales of Michael, The Nurse and Breckie while visiting the site of the Lady in the mist and the midden. Anticipation rises with the tale of the Notorious Norman Baker prior to the thrill of a self guided trip through the morgue.
This exclusive tour is included in your resort pass but REQUIRES a reservation and ticket.
- Ticket Required for all attendees
- Strict Mask Protocol – Masks Required full event
- Social Spacing is required per travel party
- No touching of artifacts allowed.
- Attendance limited to 15 guests