Even today, one thing remaining certain is that family memories are assured on any vacation to Eureka Springs and the 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa. Here are a few tips when planning a return summer vacation to the Ozark Mountain’s go-to place.
The Crescent Hotel sits atop Crescent Mountain (ergo the name) and overlooks the Victorian village below; a town of only 2,000 people. The town, like the hotel, is carved into Northwest Arkansas’ Ozark Mountain terrain. The pristine woodlands of these hills-n-hollows and the historic town which they surround offer an abundance of memorable family fun.
- Ghost Hunting – The Crescent, known as “America’s most haunted hotel”, offers nightly ghost tours giving patrons a chance to meet the “guests who checked out but never left”. Kids love the thrills and parents enjoy the tales.
SPECIAL NOTE: Consider the Expert and Expanded Tour to see the Bakers Bottles
- Hiking and Mountain Biking – With the Crescent’s “front door” trailhead, guests can put on their hiking shoes and/or pump up the air in those mountain bike tires and easily move to a network of off-road trails. Plan with BikeEurekaSprings.com
SPECIAL NOTE: The Signature Downhill on the “The OZ Mountain Bike Trail System” is here at Lake Leatherwood just a few miles from the hotel.
- Kayak, Canoe, Fish & Swim – Numerous water spots big and small are in and around Eureka Springs and are only minutes from the hotel. Hiking, fishing, and kayaking are available at Lake Leatherwood City Park and Black Bass Lake. For those desiring “big water”, Beaver Lake and Table Rock Lake are adjacent to Eureka Springs. For those into rivers, check out the Kings and White surround the city.
- Frisco Sporting Club – The fun place for numerous outdoor family activities includes tossing the bean bags trying for a cornhole-in-one, carefully removing wooden blocks from the giant Jenga tower in order to keep standing, moving chess pieces the size of small children for an under-the-sky game of chess, and a free-sailing flight on the flying saucer hammock tree swings just to name a few. However, the most exciting Frisco experience is the hatchet throwing and the Red Rider Shooting Range.
SPECIAL NOTE: Hatchet throwing success is in the finesse, not the speed. Space is reserved online for Hatchets, BB Shooting range, and Archery.
- Eureka Attractions Galore – Eureka Springs has dozens of family attractions that make a summer vacation complete. The shortlist includes The Great Passion Play, Downtown Underground Tour, Eureka Springs Tram Tour, Pre-Possessed Theatrical Seance, Escape Room 13, Pivot Rock & Natural Bridge, Quigley’s Castle, Intrigue Theater, War Eagle Cavern, Eureka Springs & North Arkansas Railway, Ozark Mountain Ziplines, Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge, Onyx Cave Park, Cosmic Cavern, and The Basin Park Hotel Paranormal Investigation and much more!
SPECIAL NOTE: ReserveEureka.com is for tickets and Travel Eureka Springs has great trip ideas
So, anyone wanting to bring the family closer and make friends and relatives envious this summer, should plan a vacation to Eureka Springs and the 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa.